Monday 30 September 2013

My story



This is my story
I was lying eagerly waiting
Patiently waiting for my turn
You took my friends one by one
And I kept counting
How many more were left
Before I could feel the caress of your soft hand

I knew it would be painful but pleasurable
The tip of the pen was sharp
But the words were beautiful notes from David’s harp

My day finally came
On the left hand corner you signed your name
Then began your favorite game
Of creating a master piece
Words started flowing with ease
I hoped and prayed that they would never cease

I was enjoying every moment
Till you stopped suddenly
Looked at me with a frown
Held me tightly with your claws
The mistake was neither mine nor yours
But your hands gave me the death sentence

Now I lie here at the corner of your room
Crumpled into a tiny roll
Thanks heavens you are not a good shot
Otherwise I should have ended up in the dustbin

I can only hope and pray
That one day you will look my way
Change your mind
Pick me up and straighten me up
Read through me again
And find ways of correcting the mistake

For I had a dream
Of carrying your most beautiful masterpiece
Working together as a team
Maybe even win a prestigious prize

Friends weren’t meant to part this easily




No comments:

Post a Comment